To create subdomains using F5 BIG-IP DNS and Zonerunner, you can follow these steps:
1. Access F5 DNS Configuration Utility: Log in to the F5 DNS Configuration Utility, which provides a web-based interface for managing DNS configurations.
2. Navigate to ZoneRunner: In the F5 DNS Configuration Utility, locate the ZoneRunner section, which is responsible for zone management.
3. Select the Parent Domain: Identify the parent domain under which you want to create the subdomain. Click on the parent domain to access its settings.
4. Add a New Zone: Within the parent domain settings, look for an option to add a new zone or subdomain. This will allow you to define the subdomain and configure its settings.
5. Configure Subdomain Settings: Provide the necessary information to configure the subdomain. This includes specifying the subdomain name, DNS zone parameters, and any additional settings such as TTL values or authoritative DNS server information.
6. Define DNS Records for the Subdomain: Once the subdomain is created, you can proceed to define the DNS records associated with it. This typically includes creating A records, CNAME records, MX records, and other relevant records to map domain names to IP addresses or other resources.
7. Save Changes: After configuring the subdomain and its DNS records, save the changes in the F5 DNS Configuration Utility. The subdomain will now be active within the parent domain.
8. Verify and Test: Monitor the DNS propagation and verify that the subdomain is resolving correctly. Use tools like nslookup or dig to perform DNS lookups and confirm that the subdomain is resolving to the expected IP addresses or other resources.
It’s important to note that the specific steps and options may vary based on the version and configuration of F5 BIG-IP DNS and Zonerunner you are using. Refer to the official documentation provided by F5 Networks for detailed instructions and guidance specific to your environment.
Additionally, adhere to DNS best practices such as proper documentation, adherence to naming conventions, and appropriate delegation of authority to ensure efficient and manageable subdomain creation within F5 BIG-IP DNS and Zonerunner.